Monday 13 July 2015

University Of Leeds Degree Show

Unfortunately I didn't manage to attend the opening night of the University of Leeds Degree Show because I had had such a busy day I was so tired! (I know, excuses excuses, I don't normally cop out so I really must of been tired, please let me off?). I did however get to have a flying visit the day after but because of an open day I didn't stay long. I lost count of how many times student ambassadors asked what subject I was there to see - at least I know they take their jobs seriously. Just like the other degree shows it was packed with all kinds of art in a range of different disciplines so there was something for everyone. Here are some of the ones that caught my eye...





Jessica Bennett




Xiaofan LIU


Olivia June Bambrough


Laura Wend


Emma Webb


I only managed to look around one building (there was three) but I enjoyed what I saw. My favourite was Emma Webb's 'Chance' drawings using gunpowder and thermal-reactive paper. I loved the accompanying video performance as It gave more context to the large centre piece. I really like the idea that the drawing will change over time due to the oxidisation happening with the chemicals of the burnt gunpowder. I also enjoyed looking at the paintings by Georgina May Birch and the drawings by Laura Wend as they were well made and presented. Overall it was a good show and hopefully next year I will make it to the opening night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.