Monday 27 July 2015

Tenderfoot Exhibition

Between the 15th and 20th July ten Chesterfield College alumni came together to exhibit a collection of their recent works at APG Works in Sheffield. All exhibitors are now practicing in their own disciplines which provided for an amazing selection of diverse work ranging from ceramics to painting, print to textiles and performance to photography. The opening night was great fun and was packed with people eager to enjoy some art and have a few drinks amongst friends. I managed to get a few photos, unfortunately not of everyones work, but I thought I'd share them all the same. Sorry about the photo quality, I forgot to clean my camera, doh!



Belinda Ayres

Lena Peters

Jessica Heywood

Johanna Wragg

Jayne Dent

I loved the exhibition and really enjoyed the opening evening. The gallery is a perfect size and ideal for holding a small collective exhibition. Experiencing an exhibition like that, which is ran and curated by artists of a similar age to me has made me want to do something like it in Leeds. I am keen to get something similar going myself and will look for an exhibition/ gallery spaces to do it with my peers in the hopes of gaining some valuable experience. Overall it was a fantastic exhibition, well done everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.