Wednesday 8 July 2015

New Film Camera - Nikon FA

After a couple of attempts of using disposable camera's to get some film photographs, which developed poor, grainy results I asked my Dad if he still had his old film camera. To my surprise, he did! He dug around in the attic for a while before pulling out his Nikon FA and multiple lenses that he had bought years ago and kindly passed it onto me. It took a bit of sprucing up (internal clean and new batteries) before it was working like new again. Now I've never really been good at photography, especially when it is all manual so this is a good opportunity for me to learn and understand the mechanics behind it. So I've spent a bit of time playing about with the aperture, ISO and shutter speed to try and learn how they all work together. I thought I'd post some of the photographs, bare in mind that I was just practicing and so there isn't anything amazingly fantastic, it's all purely experimental.
I really enjoyed taking these photos and I love the Nikon FA camera! I will definitely be using this more often to take photographs with as I love the fact you can't see a preview of what you have taken a picture of. Sometimes you take a while to finish a film so you forget some of the things you captured, then it's a nice surprise when you finally get it developed. I have definitely learned more about photography by doing this so hopefully my documentation will be much better when I start university again in September. Thanks for the camera Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.