Wednesday 15 July 2015

Screen Printing Designs

Summer seems to be the time to gain as many skills in the arts as possible with all the 'free' time available. As College is pretty empty with all the missing students it means I can go in and use the facilities without being scared or intimidated by the mass of other students. I have already got better at photoshop, I'm learning some photography and I've utilised the computer rooms. Now I just want to get better at Screen Printing. I need to remember I am in the painting and printmaking strand and I don't want to leave Uni having never done any! To give me a reason to do it and to give what I print a use, I have decided to design some canvas tote bags so that I can practice and make some money from it (in theory anyway!).
I have produces five designs; a dog, a turtle, a parrot, a rabbit and a chicken (just in case you couldn't tell from the drawings haha!). I planned to only make the three most popular into actual printed products so I used Instagram and Facebook to create a poll/ voting system to get a consensus. The dog, chicken and rabbit were the most popular, therefore they are the three designs I will print onto the bags, which I am happy about as they were my favourites too! The next step is to go into the print room and get them made. Hopefully within the next few weeks I can make a start so keep an eye out for when I post the finished bags! 

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful - I'm a big fan of screen printing myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah I have to say I really enjoyed doing it too, will definitely be doing more of it in the future :)

      Delete

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.