Friday 8 April 2016

Tape Stencils




As mentioned in a previous post I wanted to try and push the idea of the stencils being more of a focus within my work. For this painting I took the stencils out of the context of the still life environment they have preciously been attached to. I want the stencils to look as though they are lightly stuck to a plain wall or surface so that they become individual objects in their own right. It becomes more reminiscent of the trompe l'oeil style of painting because of their realistic size and shape which helps in deceiving the eye, especially when the painting is displayed next to actual stencils stuck to my studio wall.

Iv'e also started a new series of work that you can see pictured on the left hand side of my studio wall which I will explain in a later blog post so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Thank you and I hope you like what Iv'e been up to!

2 comments:

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.