Monday 18 April 2016

House Sitting


Over Easter I was house sitting for a family that went on holiday for a couple of weeks so I had a lot of free time in someone else's house. I have mentioned before that I am interested in the idea of the 'perfect home' and modern interior design so living in someone else's home for a long period of time was inspiring and led me to create this piece of work. This painting is also very different from my previous work because I approached it with a much freer style.

I was really interested in the chair, lamp and plant pot that look like something out of 'The World Of Interiors' magazine against the Indian Stone floor and plain white walls. There is no sign of domestic clutter usually found within the home and this is something I was focusing on when producing this interior painting. I love how this painting turned out because it gives off the impression of wealth and sophistication through the choice of colours and objects in the room.

I think I will do more interior themed paintings in the future and experiment with scale to see what this does compositionally. For now though I have a proposal to write for my dissertation so it could be a while yet before I have the time to work on a large painting and when I finally get chance I will be sure to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.