Sunday 20 September 2015

The Eden Project











This summer has been the best I've had in a long, long time but it has gone way too fast! It has been a personal journey with a huge list of enriching experiences and memories; I've moved into my first house, created my blog and online shop, taken part in a couple of art markets, made some canvas tote bags, worked on multiple paintings and drawings, been on holiday to Cornwall, worked in The Tiled Hall Cafe, visited plenty of art exhibitions and had my house burgled. All but one of those is positive but all experience is good experience, right? It's what builds you as a person and helps you grow wiser, thats what I'm taking from it anyway!

So on my holiday to Cornwall Amy and I went to The Eden Project which is a HUGE visitor attraction that houses thousands of Tropical and Mediterranean plants from around the world in two inflated biodomes. The current aim with my art is to produce something that focuses on shape, colour and abstraction looking at the contrast between the organic and the man-made. The Eden Project was really, really good for first hand research so I spent a lot of time drawing and taking photos on my film camera. We both spent about four hours walking around the boiling domes drawing plants every five steps we took, it was great! 

These are a selection the drawings and photos I got from the day. I love all the shades of green, the shapes of the plants and the negative space they create. I also love the juxtaposition of the hexagonal and pentagonal geometric shapes of the steel frames and the natural shapes of the plants and foliage they emerge from. I will definitely be using these drawings and photos as references and inspiration in my artwork so you may see them pop up again at some point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.