Saturday 26 September 2015

Artists That Currently Inspire Me

Over the summer I have been collecting names of artists that currently inspire me in terms of the direction I want my art practice to take. I have been thinking a lot about what I want my art to become in my second year of university so that when I start again this month I have a path I want to go down. Doing this has really helped as I feel I have a focus and can get on and make some art rather than wasting time just thinking about it. I have done a couple of paintings and experimented with some ideas (which I will post about in the near future) but for now I thought I'd show you three of the main artists that I am currently interested in.





I love the colour, shapes and textures Paul Wackers creates in his paintings of plants and objects that he associates with personal internal anecdotes.  I admire how he combines both nature and object within a single composition that gels well together aesthetically creating an abstracted still life. I think his colour and shape is excellent and is something I really want to try and capture in my own work.






Kirra Jamison's large abstract, gouache paintings really caught my eye because of their beautiful pastel colours and crisp, flat shapes. Jamison works with tape to produce those careful, sharp edges which is a way of working I really enjoy using.  





Tatiana Urban explores modern landscape painting and I really love the colours and gestures in her work. The like how she combines abstract organic shapes with geometric shapes to produce a contrast in the paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.