Friday 26 June 2015

Daily Drawing Update - Week Five

I have to admit I struggled with motivation for this weeks daily drawings following from a week I was unhappy with. I decided to go more abstract so that I didn't have to think to much on a subject matter, it all came from mindless doodling but I don't think that's a bad thing. Creative block is something I am familiar with being an artist so sometimes I just have to step back and do something slightly easier to get my head back in the game. Hopefully next week will be a better one!
#29 - Green.
#30 - Blue.
#31 - Orange.
#32 - Yellow.
#33 - Red.
#34 - Brown.
#35 - Purple.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely am right with you there. Sometimes we all get blocked creatively and just need to take it a little easier. I too often stick with abstract patterns for simple jog-your-mind creativity. It feels so good to just freely abandon plans and throw paint on the canvas and add whatever penstrokes you like. And then eventually it will give rise to inspiration!

    Keep up the great work, love seeing these!
    Peace & Love // celestralite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really true, and I love how you put it as 'jog-your-mind', it keeps you creative without being to worried about what you are creating. Having this slight 'break' has definitely been a good thing as I now feel ready to give it all another go with more enthusiasm. I'm glad you like seeing these and thank you for taking the time to comment! :)
      Jake x

      Delete

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.