Saturday 15 October 2016

John Moores Painting Prize 2016


On Tuesday I went to Liverpool to see what events were happening in conjunction with the Liverpool Biennale and while I was there I took the opportunity to see the John Moores Painting Prize 2016. I submitted a painting to the John Moores Painting Prize last year but I was unsuccessful so it was really interesting to see the standard of work I was up against in the exhibition. While I didn't like or resonate with some of the artwork I understand why my work was not selected. I don't think I'm quite on the same level as some of the artists in terms of painting and concept but I hope to get there by the end of my final year at University. The John Moores Painting Prize is definitely something to aim for and I won't be put off from applying.

Here are some images of the work selected for the exhibition.

Michael Simpson - Squint (19)

Christopher Hanlon - Untitled

Selma Parlour - One, The Side-ness of In-out

Gabriella Boyd - Birthyard

Tristan Barlow - Truck Stop Swamp

Ben Cove - Freeloader

Graham Crowley - Blue Drift 4

Zhang Yang - OLD NEWS

Wang Wang - Corrupted Land

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.