Thursday 20 October 2016

Esmarelda


It's been a while since I've posted about any of my own artwork and that's mainly because I've not really had time to paint over summer and now that I'm back at University I'm focusing more on my dissertation. I did however manage to get a few paintings finished but it's just taken me a while to get back into the documentation process. This painting, Esmeralda, is based off a fancy looking apartment block I came across while on holiday to Cala d'Or. The clean white walls and exotic plants bursting out the soil at the base of the building that surrounded the entrance of the apartment really stuck in my head and I knew I had to paint something based on that image. I tried to be a little less rigid with my painting style and capture the different greens within the leaves of the plants. I think it worked and I am happy with the final result.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.