Tuesday 18 October 2016

Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2016




Kate Fahey - Cumulative Loss
As well as visiting the John Moores Painting Prize 2016 on my day trip to Liverpool I also managed to see the Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2016 exhibited at The Bluecoat. The Bloomberg New Contemporaries features 46 artists chosen by guest selectors Anya Gallaccio, Alan Kane and Haroon Mirza. The exhibition showcases artists working in a wide range of disciplines from painting and drawing to new media such as image manipulation and animation. I found the show very interesting and I felt particularly inspired by the work of Jack Bodimeade and James Berrington which has given me a few ideas for my own practice so it was definitely worth the  visit.

Here are a few photos from the exhibition.

Anna Bunting-Branch - W.I.T.C.H

Jack Bodimeade - Plug 1.1, Plug 2.2

Jack Bodimeade - Plug 7, Plug 8


Seungjo Jeong - Interface L3

Sebastian Jefford - Salvaged Gore

George Ridgeway - Tides

Zsofia Schweger - Sandorfalva, Hungary #18

James Berrington - Smeed Dean Islington yellow Rustica, Whitburn Orange Multi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.