Thursday 9 June 2016

Parterre de Rois #4 - Artist Magazine


Parterre de Rois is an Italian-curated biannual magazine combining erudite and popular culture co-founded and co-edited by Molly Molloy and Gianni Tozzi. The latest issue #4 of Parterre de Rois is themed around Happiness and seeks to ask the question: 'What is happiness for you?'. High quality reproductions of emerging and established artists work are combined with interesting interviews and articles providing for a beautifully constructed journal. 

Upon discovering Caroline Walker was being featured in the magazine alongside a short interview I was very keen to purchase a copy. At the time I was trying to get hold of the issue it wasn't yet available through the PDR website and was only in two UK stores, both of which were in London - a little too far to travel for a magazine. I contacted Parterre de Rois directly to find out when the issue would be made available to buy online and I received multiple replies which were both extremely helpful and professional. I was very impressed with the high level of customer service and that makes me respect and love this magazine more than any other I've bought.

Molly let me know that their magazine was being stocked at MagCulture in London so I sent off for it straight away. I was super excited when I received my copy of the #4 Happiness and was delighted to find that Guy Yanai, an artist whose work I also admire, was featured in the magazine too.





As well as Caroline Walker and Guy Yanai, twenty-eight other contemporary artists are also featured in the magazine across the 224 coloured pages including Mark Wallinger, Jo Ann Callis and Chental Joffe. For more information about Parterre de Rois you can visit their website here and for a full list of the featured artists or any other past issue you can take a look in the online store here. As someone who struggles to read and concentrate on large amounts of text, this image heavy magazine is perfect for me and it's put together flawlessly. If you are interested in contemporary art and are frightened by the endless advertisements and dense sections of difficult-to-understand text in magazines such as Art Review I would encourage you to purchase a copy of Parterre de Rois, you will not be disappointed! I will definitely be buying their future issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.