Tuesday 28 June 2016

Departures - Degree Show


A couple of weeks ago the level six students at Leeds College of Art put together Departures, a Fine Art exhibition that was part of the Degree Show. I would have bogged about it sooner but Amy and I went to Cala d'Or for a well deserved break (of which I will post some snapshots of in a future post) the same week so I've not had chance to do it until now. The exhibition featured the work of over 62 graduating artists across three main strand areas; Painting, Drawing and Sculpture and the standard was fantastic! I definitely feel that there is some pressure on me and my year group to produce a show next year that can be just as good, if not better than this year.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to attend the open night because I was staffing the Art Market stall (which was a huge success, again!) so I was unable to experience the mass of visitors in the studios. However, it did mean I could get some pretty good photos later in the week without anyones elbow or foot making an appearance! I couldn't get photos of all the work because it would have taken me all day but here is an insight into what the show had to offer.




Molly Brocklehurst




Sam Burke














Charlie Hubbard


Terry Lister















The standard of work in the degree show was fantastic, you could tell everyone had given it their all and put in 110% effort. The work and display was executed with the professionalism you'd expect from a degree show and it has set the bar very high for us to follow next year. There was also eight graduates selected for the Aon Community Arts Award which is amazing news and I wish them all the best of luck! It will be sad to see the level six students leave this year because of the friendship bonds between the year groups but I wish them all well on their next chapter of life.

I hope some of you managed to visit the degree show and found it as inspiring as I did. Now I have next year to look forward to as I will be preparing for my own degree show. Exciting times lie ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.