Saturday 14 May 2016

Hand-crafted Pewter Pug Pins


Now that my second year of university is pretty much over, I've been looking for things to keep me occupied over the long summer ahead. Earlier this year I posted about some pewter casting I was doing at home and stated I was working on a set of handcrafted pug brooches. Well, here they are! Over the past few weeks I've been slowly casting and colouring 20 pewter pug brooches in two colours; pink and black, in the hopes of selling them on this years Degree Show Art market, the same one I took part in twelve months ago. 

Last years Art Market was a huge success for all the artists selling work (for a quick reminder, click here) and so this year I am keen to be able to partake again. This year, I'm coming armed with a small army of coloured canines in the hopes of spreading some pug love whilst making some pocket money for future painting projects. I've poured a lot of time into making them (it would have been better to work a part time job for the relative wage I'll make if they sell) but I've loved the challenge and have gained a significant amount of knowledge about metal casting from doing it, something way more important than money any day. I'm really pleased with how they all turned out to say that I made them from scratch in my kitchen!

If all goes well and my little friends are accepted into the market then they will be for sale at the Blenheim Walk Leeds College of Art site from 11th-16th June. After this date (and if there is any left over), I will be putting them onto my online shop so they will be available to purchase if you cannot make it to the market. I'll probably do another post closer to the time so if you're interested, keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.