Sunday 24 May 2015

The Arrival Of Spring Exhibition

The Arrival of Spring - Salts Mill Gallery Space
Seeing as it was a beautifully sunny bank holiday weekend I decided to go to Saltiare with my girlfriend to visit the Salts Mill and see the collection of David Hockney iPad drawings. The Arrival of Spring is a series of detailed studies of the changing seasons on Woldgate and are made by using an iPad. Hockney finds using the iPad 'simply faster' as you can capture the landscape quickly, choosing colour and brushes more rapidly without the drying time of the paint.




I really enjoyed The Arrival of Spring exhibition. All of the digital paintings contain beautiful colours and I love how the greens, reds, blues and purples sit next to each other. The colours are so vivid and I am a sucker for bright colours so they instantly caught my eye. I also like the impressive size of the five foot prints especially when they are all displayed together as you can immerse yourself in the wonderful colour. I think that they look best from a slight distance because the closer you get the more you can see the digital marks made by the brush tools which I believe lessens the appeal. Overall it was a fantastic day filled with sun, fish and chips and some great art by David Hockney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.