Saturday 23 May 2015

Going Going Gone - Foundation Exhibition

Going Going Gone
Going Going Gone is an exhibition hosted at Leeds College of Art Vernon Street site featuring the end of year work from the foundation students of 2014/15. With the preview night on the 21st May kicking off the week long show it was a great opportunity to go and see what the fellow LCA students have been up to on their foundation course this past year and I have to say, I was impressed! Through the mass of visitors eagerly looking at the impressive collection of art I managed to photograph some of my personal favourites which I will share with you.

Hayley Devlin | David Knowles | Nirvana Jalalvand
Tess Bratkowski | Alice Vaughan
Isabel Cooper | Amber Winter-Moore
Megan Naylor-Wardle | Hannah Ackroyd
Debbie Talia Misan | Eleanor Massey | Matty Mancey-Jones


I really enjoyed walking around the foundation's Going Going Gone exhibition. Having not been to the Vernon Street site to look around more than the ground floor it was a great opportunity to see some inspiring art, design and fashion as well as the historic building. I especially loved the fine art studios because of the diverse array of pieces ranging from photography, sculpture, drawing, media and performance. Being a Fine Artist I guess my opinion is bias on which studio I preferred but the quality of work did not decrease in any of the other areas. There was some great illustrations accompanied by zines, interesting jewellery made from bone and maggots and vibrant fashion items to complete the collective of work. If you are free between now and the 28th May the Going Going Gone exhibition is something you should really consider visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.