Friday 25 March 2016

Fresh Exhibition


Today, Fresh, an exhibition showcasing thirteen upcoming artists from the North of England opens to the public. With the aim of providing art students the opportunity to emerge as early career artists the exhibition displays a cross section of interesting works from painting, photography, drawing, ceramic and sculpture.

I was one of the thirteen selected artists for the exhibition and it's been amazing to have to opportunity to display work in the show, especially as the gallery is in my home town. As a student of Leeds College of Art I was pleased to find out that I am exhibiting alongside two of my peers, Terry Lister and Mia Allonby. The Private View was great as I managed to catch up with some old acquaintances and meet some of the other exhibiting artists - I even bumped into my high school art teacher that I hadn't seen in maybe 5 years!

Anyway, I took some photos at the Private View to give you an insight into what's on display.

Jake Mullins (Me!)



Terry Lister



Mia Allonby


Uriah Gabriel



Anna Gibson


Sarah Wafer



Michael Daglish



Unfortunately I didn't get photos of everyones work but here is a list of the exhibitors:

  • Anna Gibson
  • Emma Rule
  • Heather Williamson
  • Jake Mullins
  • Laura Carolan
  • Matthew Collins
  • Mia Allonby
  • Michael Daglish
  • Namita Vijayakumar
  • Nat Wilkins
  • Sarah Wafer
  • Terry Lister
  • Uriah Gabriel

The exhibition has been curated excellently and there is a great variety on offer. If you are around Thirsk between 25th March and 9th April you should definitely head to The Courthouse/Rural Arts and take a look at the fantastic exhibition. You could also enjoy a coffee and cake in the cafe or try and spot my hand screen-printed tote bags in the shop!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I know Anna Gibson she went to the same college as me :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.