Wednesday 17 February 2016

Show Room



It's been over a month from when I submitted my portfolio of work for my first two modules and I am delighted to announce that my hard work paid off! I managed to bag myself two First Class grades; one for my Website and Blog and the other for being able to evidence a relationship between Practice and Theory which I am over the moon about. I had some great feedback from my tutors including some artists to look at and some ideas to push.

Since receiving my feedback I have finished this painting, 'Show Room', which is a slight change from my still life based works. I have started to extend the idea of looking at assemblages of objects to looking at rooms and interiors to try and understand how we read them. I am going to start looking at interior spaces and paint motifs such as chairs, tables and objects collaged together from places like Ikea and Home Style magazines to comment on the idea that everyone wants the 'ideal home'. 

I'm not sure how my work will evolve yet or whether it will be successful but I will keep you updated on my journey through the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.