Sunday 31 January 2016

Flatlands - Kabir Hussain





Kabir Hussain is a Norfolk based sculptor and Leeds College of Art Alumnus currently showing his new show, Flatlands, in the LCA exhibition space. Responding to the topography of his local moorland, Hussain collects archeological arrowhead artefacts and casts them in bronze to create some amazing contemporary sculptures.

I have recently being researching into metal casting and in the near future I will be doing some small scale pewter casting at home, so Hussain's bronze sculptures really interested me. I love the uniqueness of the pieces and the detail he has managed to pick up in the surface of the metal. When I try out some metal casting of my own I would like to be able to get the finish and detail that Hussain has managed here. It's a very intriguing and well displayed exhibition; if you have chance to pop into the Leeds College of Art gallery space, Flatlands is well worth a visit.

Also keep posted as assuming my metal casting goes well, I will have some small objects to show you within the next few weeks or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.