Sunday 29 November 2015

A Room Full Of Life


So I've realised I haven't really posted much of my own art recently which is due to the fact I've been busy writing an essay for university and because of some slight laziness; sorry! I have now completed this painting, A Room Full Of Life, which I have entered into the John Moores Painting Prize. This year I am trying to engage more with the outside art world and get involved in as many external competitions as I can. There are a few other exhibitions coming up that I have submitted work for so hopefully my efforts will pay off!


As well as writing an essay I am also in the process of finishing three more paintings to complete a series of four. The composition of each painting will be exactly the same, but the process of making them will vary between them all. I am having some fun collaging wooden veneer into my paintings so I think I will do more of this in the future. Above is a snapshot of what my studio space looks like at the moment and hopefully I will get this essay out of the way so that I can concentrate on making work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Paint. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.